Sometimes a girl needs a little help in the silhouette department, and like a tight bandage body shaper under a slim fit mini-dress, these digital tools will give you a smooth business workflow and keep you running at peak performance. Check out a few of my favorite apps, websites, and services below, then share your own can't-live-without tools in the comments!
- Evernote — Available on iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Windows, and — shocker — WebOS devices, Evernote (Free) is my must-have app for capturing reminders, whether in webpage, photo, or note form. It's like a little assistant that you keep in your Marc Jacobs at all times.
- Google Apps For Business — Did you know that you have a wealth of collaboration tools at your perfectly manicured fingertips and probably didn't even know it? Google Apps For Business offers up all of Google's cloud services — from Docs to Calendars, to files storage, even your own personalized Gmail email domains — for free for up to 10 team members, so you and your employees can work on projects and keep up to date files in single streamlined environment. Consider it like your own private VIP party, except, you know . . . at work.
See the rest of the list (and help a sister out — don't forget to share your own!) after the break.
- Hootsuite — My go-to tool for scheduling, monitoring, and engaging with my social media channels, Hootsuite does it all in one fell swoop of it's adorable wings. Forget jumping around from Twitter.com to Facebook.com, to your company's Google+ or Foursquare page, you can do it all right here. And now coming with the ability to auto schedule tweets at peak times, you don't need any other tool for your social media efforts. Just use this. No really. It's free.
- Taskrabbit — When shit starts hitting the proverbial fan, you may not have time to be "everywoman" and run your biz, do the laundry, make dinner, and clean up the house in one day. That's where Taskrabbit comes in. This site gives you access to thousands of vetted and reliable people that will do odd jobs, chores, and tasks that you don't have time to do. Want someone to put together that Ikea bookshelf you bought last month? Done. Need someone to enter data for you? No problemo. How about getting someone to stand in line for you for a Saturday night showing of The Bourne Legacy, or when the next iPhone hits shelves in September? That can be arranged.
- Rescuetime — Do you have a problem with procrastination? A serious addiction to surfing the web when you should be working? Rescuetime can help you figure out how you're spending your time online so you can make the most of your day. This program tracks what you're doing on your computer (don't worry, it's all very private and secure. No Big Bro here.) giving you a reading on if you're working, surfing, screwing around, or idling. If you're serious about amping up your productivity to 11, check this program out.