Fun fact: there are over 2 million blog posts being published every day. Crazy, right? And while most of these folks are blogging just for fun, you can bet that a huge percentage of them — including you — are daydreaming about someday make a living from their blogs. I mean, there are so many people that have flipped their blogs from something their husbands and wives rolled their eyes at, into something that's got them rolling in the dough. It's obviously possible, so why not possible for you, right?
The harsh reality is, most of them will fail. Nearly all of them. Maybe even you.
You could strussle your ass off (struggle + hustle = strussle. Remember it.) banking pennies from Adsense, but the fact of the matter is, failure is inevitable unless you make one very important mind shift where your blog is concerned. And here it is:
In order to make a living from your blog, you must start thinking of your blog as a business.
Think of your blog as a business. It's that simple, and it's that hard. Consider this — businesses don't just open whenever they feel like it. They can't exist without a reasonable amount of growth year over year, quarter over quarter, or even month over month. A business wants to expand, be seen, service more people, and create a profit. A business needs a plan to meet goals.
Are you running your blog like a business or a hobby? People who think of their blog as a business:
- Post on a consistent schedule.
- Have a growth plan, goals they need to hit, and a timeline in which to reach them.
- Have a marketing plan to get their content seen by more people every single day.
- Have a community where they can draw inspiration from (Think: a Facebook group)
- Invest the time it takes to create content that people want to read and, more importantly, share.
- Find out what their audience loves, thinks, and feels, then creates content that touches on all of those points.
- Is always on the lookout for good ideas, no matter where they come from.
- Collaborates with other bloggers to help each other grow and create new audiences.
If you want to eventually turn your blog into a money making business, allowing you to quit your day job or work from anywhere, you need to get into the mindset of a business owner. All it takes is a new outlook.
If you want to learn more about the different ways you can make money from your blog, download my FREE guide, 7 Ways to Turn Your Blog Into a Moneymaking Machine. It's free! Free is always good. Just click the button below to get it!